The 2009 amendment to the Information Technology Act introduced basic privacy and data protection provisions. The privacy law in India now requires businesses and websites to apply due care while collecting and dealing with sensitive personal data or information.
As a general rule, this website does not collect Personal Information about you when you visit the site. You can generally visit the site without revealing Personal Information, unless you choose to provide such information.
- Any personal information we collect from you will never be sold to any third party firm.
- The data availability on live servers will be 6 months as mandated by TRAI
- Contact information. We might collect your name, email, mobile number, phone number, street, city, state, pincode, country and ip address.
- Payment and billing information. We might collect your billing name, billing address and payment method when you buy a SMS Plan. We NEVER collect your credit card number or credit card expiry date or other details pertaining to your credit card on our website. Credit card information will be obtained and processed by our online payment partner.
- Information you post. We collect information you post in a public space on our website or on a third-party social media site belonging to Bookmyseats.in.
- Demographic information. We may collect demographic information about you, events you like, events you intend to participate in, tickets you buy, or any other information provided by your during the use of our website. We might collect this as a part of a survey also.
- Other information. If you use our website, we may collect information about your IP address and the browser you’re using. We might look at what site you came from, duration of time spent on our website, pages accessed or what site you visit when you leave us. We might also collect the type of mobile device you are using, or the version of the operating system your computer or device is running.
Use of your personal information
- We use information to contact you: We might use the information you provide to contact you for confirmation of a purchase on our website or for other promotional purposes.
- We use information to respond to your requests or questions. We might use your information to confirm your registration for an event or contest.
- We use information to improve our products and services. We might use your information to customize your experience with us. This could include displaying content based upon your preferences.
- We use information to look at site trends and customer interests. We may use your information to make our website and products better. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties.
- We use information for security purposes. We may use information to protect our company, our customers, or our websites.
- We use information for marketing purposes. We might send you information about special promotions or offers. We might also tell you about new features or products. These might be our own offers or products, or third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting. Or, for example, if you buy tickets from us we’ll enroll you in our newsletter.
- We use information to send you transactional communications. We might send you emails or SMS about your account or a ticket purchase.
- We use information as otherwise permitted by law.
Sharing of information with third-parties
- We will share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. We share information with vendors who help us manage our online registration process or payment processors or transactional message processors. Some vendors may be located outside of India.
- We will share information with the event organizers. We share your information with event organizers and other parties responsible for fulfilling the purchase obligation. The event organizers and other parties may use the information we give them as described in their privacy policies.
- We will share information with our business partners. This includes a third party who provide or sponsor an event, or who operates a venue where we hold events. Our partners use the information we give them as described in their privacy policies.
- We may share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. We will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. Or, we might also share information when we are investigating potential fraud.
- We may share information with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business is sold we may give our customer list as part of that transaction.
- We may share your information for reasons not described in this policy. We will tell you before we do